Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 18 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums12
Topics3,443
Posts13,203
Members7,064
Most Online175
Sep 26th, 2012
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Choosing a MT school #3565
04/09/99 01:43 AM
04/09/99 01:43 AM
San Juan Capistrano, CA
T
tutu Offline
Newbie Gabber
tutu  Offline
Newbie Gabber
T
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Mondae99 ... Fantastic ... just got my Dell ergonomic keyboard and it's a must have. Easy to get used to and really helps the hands out. Great fast key action (which I was looking for). Before you make a bid at eBau, email me. I'll let you know if it is someone I've dealt with and the price and machine are right. Glad to share and help. My email is charro@home.com.

Re: Choosing a MT school #3566
04/27/99 06:34 PM
04/27/99 06:34 PM
KANSAS CITY,KS
K
KINDNESS5 Offline
Newbie Gabber
KINDNESS5  Offline
Newbie Gabber
K
KANSAS CITY,KS
HI THERE! I TOO AM NEW TO THE MT WORLD. I AM AN AT HOME MOM WHO IS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO HELP OUR INCOME. MY HUSBANDS WORK HOURS DO NOT GIVE ME THE TIME FOR A FULL OR PART TIME JOB. I CURRENTLY WORK AS A UNITL SECRETARY IN A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL BUT ONLY ON EVERY OTHER WEEKEND. I GUESS MY QUESTION IS WHERE DO I LOOK TO GET INFO. ON MT CORRESPONDANCE SCHOOLS? I HAVE READ MANY OF THE HELPFUL RESPONSES HERE ON THE BOARD BUT THE ABBREVIATIONS LEAVE ME LOST. DO I JUST TYPE THOSE INTO A SEARCH AND FIND THEM? MY OTHER QUESTION IS REGARDING JOBS. I TOO HAVE READ THAT MOST PLACES REQUIRE AT LEAST A YEAR OF IN OFFICE EXPERIENCE AND THAT SIMPLY IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR ME. WILL I BE ABLE TO FIND A JOB OUT THERE W/ OUT IN OFFICE EXPERIENCE? I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS WEB SITE, IT IS SENDING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
ERIKA

Re: Choosing a MT school #3567
05/04/99 06:37 AM
05/04/99 06:37 AM
A
amber Offline
Newbie Gabber
amber  Offline
Newbie Gabber
A
Hi! I have heard of MediTec, and at first, i was ready to sign up with them, because of their low cost ($499). I looked and looked and i couldn't see anywhere on there, that they are accredited, or any such thing. They also stress, that they don't do job placement and such. I am still considering it, because of the cost, but i'm not sure how much it will help me in the future.
Does anyone know why there is such a difference in prices? Andrews is $3800, and M Tec is like $2500. Who can afford this???
Thanks
amberm@jps.net

Re: Choosing a MT school #3568
05/04/99 09:26 AM
05/04/99 09:26 AM
B.C. Canada
S
SOMara Offline
Pinnacle Gabber
SOMara  Offline
Pinnacle Gabber
S
B.C. Canada
amber:

Meditech's "Personal Edge" training programs are less expensive for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that they are all "home-study" courses, so there is no overhead for the training institution. I would suggest you check out the Frequently Asked Questions page at:

team.meditec.com/medword/faq.shtml

You should find your questions answered there.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that Meditech's courses are the first I have seen that have a good choice of packages at a realistic price with good payment options. We're putting our reputation on the line by recommending the programs but we do believe them to be a very good buy for people who want to become MTs. We have looked for years to see if we could "hook-up" with a good training program to offer our visitors. Meditech's "Personal Edge" programs finally met our criteria. Most MT courses are unbelievably over-priced but these courses, I believe, are priced properly and fairly. There is also a reasonable period of time where you can receive a refund if you are not happy with what you bought. (No school that I know of will give you a refund, especially for something like an MT course.) I would be very cautious about spending large sums of money on any MT course, no matter how "nice" the course materials look. It's the content that counts, as I am sure you know.

(Start Begging)
Medword.com is now an associate of Meditech and as such receives a modest commission on any sales that originate from our bulletin board or site links. If you do decide to buy one of the packages, we would be most grateful if you entered the site through our links. We are a privately owned company that runs our site and BB at our own expense. None of the commissions come anywhere near paying even a monthly bill, but every little bit helps.
(End Begging)

Whatever you decide, Good Luck.

SOMara

[This message has been edited by SOMara (edited May 04, 1999).]

Wishing you the best of health,

SOMara
MT Gab Administrator
Re: Choosing a MT school #3569
05/07/99 05:06 PM
05/07/99 05:06 PM
Nebraska
C
chruma Offline
Newbie Gabber
chruma  Offline
Newbie Gabber
C
Nebraska
I am currently enrolled with ROS (Reveiw of Systems MT course) After many months of researching home study courses I chose this one. ROS uses the SUM tapes and the one-on-one help with instructors is wonderful. But what impressed me most was the fact that the program offers a paid internship for it's students. For me that was important to be able to gain experiance while being able to work from home. The cost is about $1300, depending on you if would like to purchase your equipment through them. They do offer a payment plan and they also offer a refund, if you don't like what you get. For anyone trying to decide what course to take, I can only suggest you do your homework. There are a lot of wonderful programs available. You just need to find the one that is right for you! Good luck!

Re: Choosing a MT school #3570
05/26/99 11:36 PM
05/26/99 11:36 PM
brookline,mo USA
M
mum1218 Offline
Gabber
mum1218  Offline
Gabber
M
brookline,mo USA
Nettie, I am currently taking the MT course from MEDITECH.E-mail me if you have specific questions. Good luck!

------------------
Beth

Beth
Re: Choosing a MT school #3571
06/12/00 11:45 PM
06/12/00 11:45 PM
Texas
V
vlynn Offline
Newbie Gabber
vlynn  Offline
Newbie Gabber
V
Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by homeschoolmom:
Just thought I would do an update here. Got my books Friday from CCHS (California College for Health Sciences) .

Hi,
I wanted to ask how everything is going with CCHS. I just received my MT Program package from them. I am still researching courses and wanted some feedback from someone who is enrolled in CCHS.

------------------
V Lynn

V Lynn
Re: Choosing a MT school [Re: rxtech] #11435
08/07/10 09:38 PM
08/07/10 09:38 PM
Arizona
S
sparkle Offline
Gabber
sparkle  Offline
Gabber